Special Session Request Submission
2021 Annual Meeting Daily Updates
2021 Bash Event Details
2021 Disney Youth Discounted Tickets
2021 Universal Orlando Resort Tickets
Annual Meeting Abstract Archive
Annual Meeting Updates
Code of Conduct
2021 BMES ANNUAL MEETING SPECIAL SESSION REQUEST WINDOW NOW CLOSED
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Wednesday, July 14, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. ET
MEETING THEME: Magical Healthcare Innovation Powered by an Inclusive Workforce
Any BMES Member, Committee, or Special Interest Group (SIG) interested in holding a Special Session at the 2021 BMES Annual Meeting in Orlando, FL, must submit a Special Session request form by the Wednesday, July 14 deadline. Unfortunately, we cannot accept requests submitted after the deadline.
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE: Friday, July 30, 2021
ABSTRACT DESCRIPTIONS DUE FOR ACCEPTED SESSIONS: Tuesday, August 10, 2021
SPEAKER REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday, August 27, 2021
- Must be a BMES Member, Committee, or Special Interest Group (SIG) in good standing.
- A completed Special Session request form submitted by Wednesday, July 14, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Must be a panel, workshop, or symposia format with a topic tied to the BMES 2021 Annual Meeting theme and DOES NOT fit within an existing track.
- If accepted, participating organizers and speakers must register to attend the meeting in person. Please note that BMES does not provide funding to cover meeting registration, travel expenses, or hotel accommodations for organizers or speakers invited to participate in a Special Session.
Criteria and Consideration
- The topic should align with the meeting theme and be of broad interest to the BMES audience, including faculty, industry, and students. Sessions offered for more than four years no longer qualify.
- Proposals need to be relevant, well-developed, and provide a clear scientific or social impact to facilitate an engaging program. Sometimes, two or more special sessions can be combined and presented as one theme.
- We ask that you list speakers who can commit to presenting in-person in Orlando, are topic-relevant, and from diverse backgrounds (e.g., industry, clinicians, international, etc.).
- If the session can fit into an existing track, organizers should discuss alternatives to a special session with the meeting or track chairs. On the contrary, any new topics have the possibility of becoming future tracks.
Before you Submit
- Any submission that fits within an existing meeting track will not be accepted and will have to be submitted as a Late-Breaking Abstract (opening July 14, 2021) or discussed directly with track chairs.
- Special Sessions do not include food and beverage and cannot be social or networking events, and rooms will be theater seating and equipped with standard AV. (Standard AV includes a PC-compatible computer with a USB port and PowerPoint along with an LCD projector, screen, and a lectern with a microphone.)
- There are three presenting options each day for accepted Special Sessions. We will schedule your session for one of the following slots on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday:
- 90-minutes at 8:30 a.m.
- 60-minute at 12:30 p.m.
- 60-minute at 1:45 p.m.
- There is a possibility to live-stream these events, but it would require additional arrangements and fundraising. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
The Annual Meeting Co-Chairs will review all proposals and, if necessary, seek the counsel of the National Meetings Committee, BMES Executive Committee, and/or full Board of Directors. Meeting Co-Chairs will determine the date and time for approved special based on availability. Requests and preferences will be taken into account but are not guaranteed.
Submission for a special session is not a guarantee of acceptance, and unfortunately, we cannot accept requests submitted after the deadline on Wednesday, July 14, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. ET.
For questions, please contact Michele Ciapa or firstname.lastname@example.org.