Student Chapter Information
The Biomedical Engineering Society's student chapters are the foundation for our society, uniting and promoting the future of the biomedical engineering profession. For rising biomedical engineers, chapters offer the chance to establish leadership skills, network, as well as the opportunity to participate in a wide range of career development programs.
Additional benefits of BMES Student Chapters Membership include:
- Eligibility for BMES Travel Awards to the BMES Annual Meeting
- Eligibility for 8 BMES Outstanding Chapter Awards
- Eligibility for one complimentary student membership
- Eligibility for complimentary booth space at BMES Annual Meeting
- Student Chapter Mentor Matchup
- Student Chapter Playbook
- Online webinars and workshops directed at chapter activities
- Complimentary advertising opportunities for chapter events
- Exclusive student chapter e-blasts featuring chapter events, highlights, contests, awards, and more
Are you interested in forming a BMES student chapter?
Every student chapter must renew its chapter charter annually by submitting a CDR to BMES by June 1; if your chapter is not renewed it will be dissolved and a renewal penalty will be enforced. Further clarification on this and other standard practices are provided in the Student Chapter's Operations Manual.
Upon completion of your BMES student chapter application, you will be notified of any missing pertinent information or if your application is approved. When approved, a chapter welcome package will be emailed to the submitter.
Chapter Development Report (CDR):
- All BMES student chapters are mandated to submit a Chapter Development Report (CDR) annually.
- PLEASE NOTE: We have changed the "member ID" requirement since our new system no longer uses IDs. Please use the email address associated with each student member's account, so staff can verify membership status.
- All chapters must submit at least a one page CDR to renew their chapter
- The BMES CDR serves as a tool by which student BMES chapters can monitor and assess their progress on an annual basis. It also acts as a mechanism for BMES to monitor the operations and activities of student chapters throughout the Society.
- BMES student chapter's submitting a yearly CDR are eligible to apply for BMES Student Chapter Grant Funding for their programs as well as numerous BMES Student Chapter Awards to celebrate your achievements.
- BMES student chapter's who submit a yearly CDR will receive one complimentary student membership.
- Please send completed CDRs to email@example.com.
2021-2022 CDRs are due June 1, 2022.
Additional Student Chapter Information and Resources:
- Chapter Development Report Guideline
- BMES Student Chapter Grant Funding application
- Chapter Playbook
- Chapter Operations Manual
Please submit completed CDR and any other student chapter correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org.