The Grade of Fellow is a level of professional distinction and is conferred by the Board of Directors upon a BMES member. This individual has demonstrated exceptional achievements and has made significant contributions within the biomedical engineering field. This individual also has extensive leadership within the field but also has served within the Society.
Each year outstanding members of the Society are nominated for Fellowship. After the applications are thoroughly reviewed and evaluated by the Fellow Committee, selected individuals are recommended for Fellowship and are submitted and approved by the Board of Directors. Fellow eligibility requirements and application are below.
BMES Fellow Nominations
- A minimum of 3 consecutive years as a BMES Member-level member immediately prior to nomination.
- Five or more years active participation as biomedical engineer in the private or public sectors. Note: The five years of active participation does not require continuous active participation.
- Nominees typically have achieved the highest rank awarded by their Institution.
- A demonstrable record of exceptional achievement and accomplishment in a specific field of interest within biomedical engineering. The achievement and accomplishments can be in research, education, industry, public service, new technology or clinical practice. Individuals making nomination recommendations would be expected to propose a citation summarizing these points in a statement of 30 words or less.
- Letters of recommendation are required (up to 3 allowed).
Application RequirementsComplete and submit the Fellow Nomination Application. This includes a CV (max 10 pages) and letters of recommendation.
To be considered for Fellowship with BMES, your completed application submission must be received no later than COB on 5/15/2019. Ineligible or incomplete packets will not be reviewed. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit your Nomination Today!