Annals of Biomedical Engineering
Annals of Biomedical Engineering is an official journal of the Biomedical Engineering Society, publishing original articles in the major fields of bioengineering and biomedical engineering. The Annals is an interdisciplinary and international journal with the aim to highlight integrated approaches to the solutions of biological and biomedical problems.
The average time from submission to first decision is three weeks. After acceptance, articles are published online in about two weeks. Learn more about publishing in Annals of Biomedical Engineering. CLICK HERE for more information about publishing in ABME.
Annals of Biomedical Engineering is an interdisciplinary, international journal which presents original and review articles in the major fields of bioengineering and biomedical engineering. A major aim of bioengineering is to provide integrated approaches to the solutions of biological and biomedical problems. The philosophy is to provide engineering approaches to enhance the power of the scientific method, and to maintain a balance between experimental observation and quantitative analyses.
Type of Submissions
Annals of Biomedical Engineering accepts for publication only full-length original research manuscripts and review articles.
The manyscript must be uploaded in a single MS Word file. The manuscript must have 1” margins and 12 point Arial or Calibri font. Authors should limit figures to a manageable number (no more than 8 Figures). All tables and figures are to be numbered using Arabic numerals and should always be cited in text in consecutive numerical order.
Submission Requirements (guidelines)
- Pages should be numbered consecutively beginning with the title page.
- Each section should be clearly labeled and pages must be arranged, and labeled, as follows:
1. Title page
2. Abstract and key terms
4. Materials and Methods
8. Statements and Declarations
10. Tables, figure legends
- For each table, please supply a table caption (title) explaining the components of the table.
- Footnotes to tables and figures should be indicated by superscript lower-case letters (or asterisks for significance values and other statistical data) and included beneath the table body.
- The text should be clear and concise, conforming to accepted standards of English.
Publishing in Annals of Biomedical Engineering
- Springer ensures full compliance for grantees of funding institutions that request or require public posting of papers resulting from funded research.
- In opting for open access, the author(s) agree to publish the article under the Creative Commons Attribution License.
- Depending on the ownership of the journal and its policies, you will either grant the Publisher an exclusive licence to publish the article or will be asked to transfer copyright of the article to the Publisher.
*Note that the information provided above is a summary of the full requirements for submissions. Please review the complete list of submission guidelines by visiting Springer.com/journal/10439/submission-guidelines or click the button below.