BMES Grade of Fellow
The BMES Grade of Fellow is a professional distinction granted by the Board of Directors upon a BMES member. This individual has demonstrated impactful achievements and has made significant contributions within the biomedical engineering community. They also have considerable leadership within their field of interest and served within the Society.
Each year, BMES members who exceedingly contribute to the biomedical engineering field qualify for this accolade nomination. After applications are thoroughly reviewed and evaluated by the Fellows Committee, recommended individuals will be presented to the Board of Directors for confirmation.
BMES Grade of Fellow Nominations
BMES Grade of Fellow Eligibility
1. The nominee must have a minimum of three consecutive years as a BMES Professional Member before the nomination is submitted to qualify. If a nominee's membership status is unknown, please send an email to email@example.com.
2. The candidate needs five or more years of active participation as a biomedical engineer in the private or public sector. Note: The five years do not require continuous active participation.
3. Typically, nominees have already achieved the highest rank awarded by their institution.
4. The candidate must have a demonstrable record of achievement and accomplishment in a specific field of interest within biomedical engineering. The achievement can be in research, education, industry, public service, new technology, or clinical practice. Individuals submitting nominations will have to summarize these points in a statement of 30 words or less.
5. Letters of recommendation are required (max of three), and they do not need to be from a current BMES Fellow or member. (Guidelines for Letters of Recommendation)
6. The nominee's CV (not to exceed 10 pages).
Complete and submit the Fellow Nomination Application. Ineligible or incomplete packets will not be reviewed. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
BMES Grade of Fellow Rubric
To view the award rubric, please click here.
Guidelines for Letters of Recommendation
To view the guidelines, please click here
Guidelines for Preparing the 10-page CV
To view the guidelines, please click here.
Submissions are now open.
THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT A NOMINATION IS JUNE 30, 2022