Upcoming Webinar: How to Create the Perfect Abstract
Want to learn the formula for success when writing an abstract? Learn how by joining us for this upcoming webinar we’re hosting to help ensure you put together the best abstract possible for consideration to present at BMES 2023.
Thursday, March 30 at 2:30 p.m. ET
Learn more and RSVP
Now Accepting Abstract Submissions for the
2023 BMES Annual Meeting!
We’re looking forward to seeing you in Seattle, WA on October 11-14 for #BMES2023. The biggest reason to gather at the BMES Annual Meeting is to collaborate, share ideas, and learn from thousands of your BME peers nationwide. We want you to join us, so share your research and findings with us to help make BMES 2023 an incredible learning experience!
Please be sure to read the detailed submission information section below and give yourself enough time to complete the entire submission process before the deadline, as we will be unable to grant extensions due to programmatic scheduling.
Monday, May 1, 2022 at 12 p.m. (noon) ET
There will be a secondary abstract submission window for undergraduate and late-breaking research that will open on March 8 and close on May 1 at 12:00 pm (noon) ET.
Detailed Submission Information
Read each section below for instructions on how to get started. Abstract selection for the BMES Annual Meeting is highly competitive. Due to this, we receive a high volume of submissions, so failure to follow instructions properly could result in disqualification and the abstract will not be considered — we don't want that happening to you!
Before You Submit
- In order to submit, the presenting author and the submitting author must have a BMES member or non-member account to submit an abstract.
- You will be unable to submit an abstract if you skip this first step.
- Please log in to verify your credentials or sign up for an account BEFORE submitting for it to be included in the abstract submission.
- You will only be able to log into the BMES portal using the information we have on file.
- Therefore, it is imperative that you check your profile in the BMES membership portal BEFORE going through the submission process to ensure that the information in this profile has your most accurate and up-to-date information.
- Failure to do so may result in an error and false submission.
- This critical step of updating your information in the BMES membership portal must be done BEFORE starting your submission because:
- The information you input in the membership portal is what will be reflected in the abstract submission system.
- Any information you enter in the membership portal will automatically override any information you input in the abstract submission site.
You will use a separate website site to submit your abstract.
- Submissions do not require a full author list to be considered complete.
- You will be able to access your abstract to make edits, including adding authors, until the general abstract submission deadline of Monday, May 1, 2023.
- There is a non-refundable abstract submission fee of $65 for each abstract submitted.
- This is a separate and additional fee to your conference registration purchase price.
- All presenting authors must register for the conference by Wednesday, August 16.
- During the submission process, you will be asked to complete sections of mandatory information needed in order to complete your abstract. You must enter 50 (minimum) to 250 (maximum) words for each of these required fields, including:
- Materials and Methods
- Any images, tables, or figures that support your work will need to be entered in a .jpg, .jpeg, or .png format. PDF files will not be accepted.
- General abstract submissions will be eligible for either an oral or poster presentation.
- By submitting, you agree to register and attend BMES 2023 Annual Meeting if selected to present this October 11-14, 2023 in Seattle, Washington. Presenting authors must attend in order to present.
- Late-breaking abstracts are open to all and only qualify for a poster session.
- Undergraduate research abstract submissions are limited to undergrad students and will only qualify for a poster session.
Monday, May 1, 2022 at 12 p.m. (noon) ET
Please be sure to give yourself enough time to complete the entire submission process in our portal before the deadline, as we will be unable to grant extensions due to programmatic scheduling.
I'm ready to submit an abstract!
Important Dates to Remember
- General Abstract Submissions Open
Thursday, March 9 at 12:00 p.m. ET
- General Abstract Submission Deadline
Monday, May 1 at 12:00 p.m. ET
- Late-Breaking (open to all) and Undergraduate Research Abstract Submissions Open (for poster sessions only)
Wednesday, June 14 at 12:00 p.m. ET
- General Abstracts Confirmation of Acceptance/Rejection
on or before Wednesday, June 28
- Late-Breaking (open to all) and Undergraduate Research Abstract Submission Deadline (for poster sessions only)
Wednesday, July 12 at 12:00 p.m. (noon) ET
- Presenting Author Notification of Schedule
Wednesday, August 2
- Late-Breaking (open to all) and Undergraduate Research Abstract Acceptance/Rejection Notifications
Thursday, August 3
- Presenting Author Registration Deadline
Wednesday, August 16
For abstract-related questions, please contact email@example.com.