The Biomedical Engineering Society's student chapters are the foundation for our society, uniting and promoting the future of the biomedical engineering profession. For rising biomedical engineers, chapters offer the chance to establish leadership skills, network, as well as the opportunity to participate in a wide range of career development programs.
Additional benefits of BMES Student Chapters Membership includes:
- Eligibility for BMES Travel Awards to the BMES Annual Meeting
- Eligibility for BMES Outstanding Chapter Awards
- Eligibility for one complimentary student membership
- Eligibility for complimentary booth space at BMES Annual Meeting
- Student Chapter Mentor Matchup
- Student Chapter Playbook
- Online webinars and workshops directed at chapter activities
- Complimentary advertising opportunities for chapter events
- Exclusive student chapter e-blasts featuring chapter events, highlights, contests, awards, and more
Every student chapter must renew their chapter charter annually; if your chapter is not renewed in a timely manner it will be dissolved and a renewal penalty will be enforced. Further clarification on this and other standard practices are provided in the Student Chapter's Operations Manual.
Upon completion of your BMES student chapter application, you will be notified of any missing pertinent information or if your application is approved. When approved, a chapter welcome package will be mailed to your Faculty Advisor.
Chapter Development Report (CDR):
- All BMES student chapters are encouraged to submit a Chapter Development Report (CDR) annually.
- The BMES Chapter Development Report (CDR) serves as a tool by which student BMES chapters can monitor and assess their progress on an annual basis. It also acts as a mechanism for BMES to monitor the operations and activities of student chapters throughout the Society.
- BMES student chapter's submitting a yearly CDR are eligible to apply for BMES Student Chapter Grant Funding for their programs as well as numerous achievement awards.
- BMES student chapter's who submit a yearly CDR will receive one complimentary student membership.
Additional Student Chapter Information and Resources:
- Chapter Development Report Guideline
- BMES Student Chapter Grant Funding application
- Chapter Activity Report Sheet
2020-2021 CDR Reports are due June 1, 2021.
Please submit completed CDR and any other student chapter correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org