The Biomedical Engineering Society's student chapters are the foundation for our society, uniting and promoting the future of the biomedical engineering profession. BMES charters and supports 145 chapters. For rising biomedical engineers, chapters offer the chance to establish leadership skills, networking and the opportunity to participate in a wide range of career development opportunities.
BMES Student and Student Chapter members have access to all BMES membership benefits, including electronic versions of the BMES journals Annals of Bioengineering, Cardiovascular Engineering and Technology (CVET) and Cellular and Molecular Engineering (CMBE), as well as access to online webinars, discounts to attend the BMES Annual Meeting, opportunities to receive awards and recognition and access to the BMES membership directory.
Additional benefits of BMES Student Chapters Membership includes:
- Eligibility for BMES Travel Awards to the BMES Annual Meeting
- Eligibility for BMES Chapter Awards
If you are Interested in forming (or renewing) a BMES Student Chapter? Just complete our BMES Student Chapter Application/Renewal Form Each BMES Student Chapter must have at least 10 BMES Student Members and one Faculty Advisor who must be a BMES Member or Fellow. All Student Chapters must renew their membership annually. Please review the Student Chapter's Operations Manual. for further information about running your student chapter.
Upon completion of your BMES Student Chapter application, you will be notified of your approval status and if any pertinent information is missing. Once approved, a Chapter package is mailed to your Faculty Advisor.
Chapter Development Report (CDR):
- All BMES Student Chapters are encouraged to submit a Chapter Development Report (CDR) annually.
- The BMES Chapter Development Report (CDR) serves as a tool by which student BMES chapters can monitor and assess their progress on an annual basis, as well as a mechanism for BMES to monitor the operations and activities of student chapters throughout the Society.
- BMES Student Chapter's submitting a yearly CDR are eligible to apply for BMES Grant Funding for their programs.
Additional Student Chapter Information and Resources:
- Chapter Development Report Guideline
- BMES Student Chapter Grant Funding application
- Chapter Activity Report Sheet
- 2017 Outstanding Student Chapter Awardee University of California, San Diego CDR sample
- 2017 Commendable Achievement Awardee Arizona State University CDR sample
- 2017 Outstanding Mentoring Awardee Clemson University Report sample
- 2017 Outreach Program Awardee University of Pennsylvania Report sample
- 2017 Chapter Industry Awardee University of Maryland Report sample
- Student Chapters List
2018 CDR Reports were due June 1, 2018.
Please submit CDR and any other Student Chapter correspondence to Liz DaSilva, firstname.lastname@example.org.