Explore the many reasons you should join BMES today!
BMES members receive substantial discounts to attend the BMES Annual Meeting. The BMES Annual Meeting, taking place October 17-20 in Atlanta, GA, will bring together academics, corporate leaders and health care providers in biomedical engineering. It's a great forum for collaboration, networking and professional development.
Thousands of department chairs and professionals controlling millions of dollars in annual research and laboratory budgets attend each year.
E-LearningBMES members have immediate access to all e-learning materials including professional development webinars and select recorded sessions from BMES Annual Meetings on topics including networking, grant writing, career guidance for all professional levels, and best practices in BME.
All BMES members receive electronic access to the following journals:
- Annals of Biomedical Engineering the official journal of the Biomedical Engineering Society, publishing original articles in the major fields of bioengineering and biomedical engineering. The Annals is an interdisciplinary and international journal with the aim to highlight integrated approaches to the solutions of biological and biomedical problems.
- Cardiovascular Engineering and Technology (CVET) presents a wide spectrum of research, from basic to translational, in all aspects of cardiovascular physiology and medical treatment. It offers academic and industrial investigators a forum for the dissemination of research utilizing engineering principles and methods to advance fundamental knowledge and technological solutions related to the cardiovascular system.
- Cellular and Molecular Bioengineering (CMBE) publishes original research advancing the study and control of mechanical, chemical, and electrical processes of the cell.
- Biomedical Engineering News monthly electronic newsletter published by BMES highlighting advances in BME education and research along with highlights of BMES members.
Special Interest GroupsAll BMES members are encouraged to become active in a BMES Special Interest Group. Don’t see a SIG that interests you? Contact BMES Membership Director Lisa Prandy and talk with her about creating a SIG.
- Cellular and Molecular Engineering SIG is available to all BMES members with an interest in Cellular and Molecular Bioengineering.
- Medical Devices SIG - is available to all BMES members with an interest in medical devices
- Advanced BioManufacturing SIG - is available to all BMES members with an interest in advanced biomanufacturing
In addition to the multiple networking opportunities at the BMES Annual Meeting and other professinal developoment meetings, BMES members are encouraged to be active in the Society's Committees. Committee membership provides an excellent avenue to network with your fellow BMEs. A call for Committee members goes out annually after the Annual Meeting. Learn more about BMES Committees.