SIGN UP IS NOW CLOSED
How this works?
1. YOU MUST BE A STUDENT TO VOLUNTEER.
2. YOU MUST REGISTER FOR THE MEETING. BEING A VOLUNTEER IS SEPARATE FROM MEETING REGISTRATION. YOU WILL NEED A BADGE TO GAIN ACCESS TO SESSIONS AND EVENTS. We encourage you to register by September 5 for Early Bird discounts if you are planning to register for the entire meeting. If you are only attending for one day then you will be able to use the voucher onsite to register to pay at that time.
3. At the end of your work hours, you will be eligible $125 credit towards your registration fees. Each student is eligible for up to two vouchers which would be $250 credit which is enough to cover a Student Member Full Registration Early Bird.
How will I get my credit?
1. You will receive a voucher that must be signed and authorized at the Student Volunteer Desk to receive your earned credit registration. Once you have completed your assigned duties please return for this important signature. Without this signature, this voucher will not be valid.
2. Valid vouchers must be presented in person to registration onsite in Atlanta during the 2018 BMES Annual Meeting. The voucher does not have a monetary value and may only be redeemed upon authorization if presented in person to registration onsite in Atlanta during the 2018 BMES Annual Meeting.
3. If volunteer has preregistered and paid, this voucher may be redeemed for a credit that will be issued by December 18, 2018. Please allow up to eight weeks for credit to be issued after the end of the meeting.
4. To expedite your credit attach your registration confirmation receipt to the voucher.
Reimbursement will not exceed whatever amount you pay for your registration. The refund will be issued to whatever card is used for your registration payment (or by check to original payer), and if your registration is comped for one reason or another (e.g. travel award winners), you will not receive a reimbursement of any kind for their volunteer hours.
VOLUNTEER POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
REGISTRATION - Handing out registration materials to arriving participants who have pre-registered.
ROOM MONITOR - Attend platform sessions and assist chairs as needed. Ensure all participants are wearing badges and take head counts during the session
BADGE CHECKER - Ensure that each attendee is wearing a name badge and are eligible for specific event assigned.
POSTER MONITOR - Assist participants with setting up their posters and direct them to poster locations.
TICKET TAKER - Collect tickets from guests at entrance of assigned event.
SOCIAL MEDIA CORRESPONDENT - Attend sessions & provide real-time Twitter, Instagram or SnapChat updates. The job entails posts using the #BMES2018 hashtag along with photos and videos. You must have established social media accounts to be a correspondent.
Assignments are made in the order volunteers signed up so the earlier you sign up the more likely you will receive an assignment. Last year more than 100 students did not receive assignments because they either waited too long to sign up or they weren't flexible with their availability. Please note that the more flexible you are with your available time the more likely you are to receive an assignment.
You will hear from us by August 31 if you have been accepted and with your specific assigned day, time and event.