2022 BMES Annual Student Volunteer Program
Applications to become a student volunteer are now open!
About the Program
Our volunteers play a critical role in the event's overall success, and we appreciate the time commitment. As a thank you for your 10-15 hours of service, we agree to provide you with complimentary registration to the event. In exchange for this fee waiver, BMES expects you to adhere to your appointed schedule and perform all tasks with a friendly disposition and can-do attitude.
To be accepted into the BMES Volunteer Program, you must be:
A BMES student to member
Willing to aid and assist conference organizers by being on time for appointed shifts
Available during the time frames below to work between 10-15 hours of work
Wednesday, October 12 – Friday, October 14
7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 15
7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
In business casual dress during your shift
To be accepted as a volunteer in San Antonio for BMES 2022, you must submit by the deadline to qualify.
Friday, August 19 at 12 p.m. (noon) ET
To waive the full student registration fee of $350, BMES Annual Meeting volunteers may be assigned between 10-15 of work. Please note that we will do our best to accommodate your preferences but cannot guarantee it due to limited volunteer slots. Therefore, the earlier you apply, the higher the possibility of an assignment that works best for your schedule!
If accepted into the BMES Volunteer Program, BMES will contact you by Wednesday, September 7th. You will also receive your complimentary code for conference registration at this time.
Possible Volunteer Roles
- Set up the speaker presentation (will be pre-loaded on the computer)
- Make sure nothing is missing from the standard room setup (podium w/mic, laptop, projector, and screen)
- Check lighting and room temperature (adjust as necessary)
- Ensure the podium has water
- Monitor microphone sound if any feedback track down/notify the AV tech
- Take headcount mid-session
- Work the Q&A microphones in the room
- Monitor time and visually signal the speaker if they are running behind
- Ensure all attendees are wearing a badge (access control)
- Distribute and collect evaluations if applicable
- Making sure that after the session the conference center is refreshing the room and head table
- Provide directions to the sessions/events
- Direct attendees to various locations during the BMES bash
- Assist BMES staff at BMES Booth (answering questions, providing handouts, etc.)
- Collect tickets at ticketed events
- Managing the Speaker Ready Room
- Any other duties/assignments as needed