BMES Undergraduate Design Competition
The Biomedical Engineering Society’s Undergraduate student members engaged in student design projects are encouraged to apply. All design team members must be BMES student members. The top 6 proposals will be chosen and those teams will be given an opportunity to present their work via presentations at the BMES 2018 Annual Meeting. APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN.
- Showcase the students’ undergraduate design work
- Provide students an opportunity to present their innovations at BMES 2018 Annual Meeting
- Introduce students to the Biomedical Engineering Society
- Provide a chance to network with product development and design professionals in BME
- Six design teams will attend BMES 2018 and the top 3 will be selected as the winning teams.
- First place $3000
- Second place $1500
- Third place $500
To Access the Student Design Competition application, CLICK HERE
To Access the Judging Criteria, CLICK HERE
- The 2018 Design theme is Tissue Design focusing on interactions between medical devices.
- All design team members MUST be BMES student members and BMES student chapter members in good standing.
- Institutions may submit up to three teams. Excess entries by one institution will invalidate all entries by that institution.
- All winners and non-winners will be notified by August 1st, 2018.
NOTE: The design competition should focus on medical device interactions with tissue, and not tissue design. Our sponsor requires that your project not focus on pure tissue engineering but in the device itself - tissue interface.
Please direct your inquiries/submit the application to Elizabeth Da Silva at email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MAY 31st, 2018