Call for Resume Reviewers
CALL FOR RESUME REVIEWERSBMES is looking for volunteers that are experienced BME professionals (or in a BME related field) interested in serving as resume reviewers, with formal or informal resume and/or CV reviewing experience, at the 2017 BMES Annual Meeting in Phoenix, AZ.
As part of the Student and Early Career Program, we are offering a Rapid Resume Review and Critique workshop for our students (undergraduate and graduate), and recent graduate (early career) attendees. This workshop is one of the most popular of the Student and Early Career activities. That's why we need your help.
THE CHARGE OF REVIEWERS
- Evaluate resumes and provide detailed and complete comments with clear opinions about strengths, weaknesses, relevance and importance to the field.
- Consider yourself a mentor. Comments should be specific, constructive, and suggestions should be intended to enhance the resume.
HOW IT WORKS
- Reviewers will work individually with the attendee in a one-on-one format for a maximum of 7-10 minutes (hence the word "rapid"). While this has been done successfully at past meetings in a round-table format, recommendations were made to revise the format so attendees can seek more one-on-one advice.
- After the individual critique, the attendee will vacate his or her chair to allow the next attendee to participate, and so on.
- We ask that you complete the entire workshop (two hours); however, we will accept volunteers working half a workshop (one hour).
- The published time for the workshop is Thursday, October 12, 3:00pm - 4:30pm in the Exhibit Hall. The format is a constant flow of attendees arriving at the beginning and end of this time. To accommodate students and young professionals arriving at the end of the workshop, we need volunteers to remain after the published schedule. See "To Volunteer" for the resume reviewers schedule.
- Reply to BMES Terry Young, at email@example.com or call 301-459-1999.
- Please specify how long you are volunteering, see options below. Also indicate if you have a preference reviewing resumes for a specific group: undergraduates, graduates, post-docs or early career (within two years of graduation).
2:45pm - 4:45pm
2:45pm - 3:45pm
3:45pm - 4:45pm
4:15pm - 5:15pm
Please contact Terry Young at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-459-1999 if you have any questions. Thanks so much for your help.