Poster Session Guidelines
POSTER SESSION GUIDELINES
1. All posters should be flat when unrolled and be able to completely fit within and be affixed to a 4 ft TALL by x 8 ft WIDE cork board. Poster size is 45 inches horizontal by 45 inches vertical (115cm x 115cm), with two posters on each side, for a total of four posters per board.
2. Place your poster closest to the end of the board within the cork surface to allow equal space for your neighbor. Overlapping papers or posters will not be accepted. Any poster larger than the allotted 4 ft TALL by x 8 ft WIDE in an overlapping situation will be removed.
3. Posters may be taped or tacked to the board. Push pins will be available during poster session set up. Any other means of fixation must be supplied by the author.
1. Poster session materials can be one or more of the following:
a. thin cardboard or regular paper of the text of the actual paper printed in large font
b. photos and graphics
c. thin cardboard or regular paper copies of a PowerPoint Presentation.
2. No three dimensional items which cannot be attached by means of tape or push pins will be allowed. Due to space restrictions, no tables will be provided. The cork boards are attached to their own stands.
Poster Session Hours & Location
1. Posters will be located designated by their assigned number. Assigned numbers can be found in the conference program book next to the first author’s last name grouped by area/primary interest. Please display your poster only in the designated location.
2. Posters need to be in place by 5pm on Tuesday, May 16th so that they can be viewed during the welcome reception. Posters may be setup any time between 4pm – 7pm on Monday and starting at 7:30am on Tuesday.
3. All posters will be presented on Wednesday, May 17th, from 1:00-2:30PM, and should be manned by the author during the duration of that time. Posters must be removed by 3:30pm. If posters are not removed by this specific time, BMES and/or the hotel will remove the poster and does not accept any responsibility for the poster.
5. A subset of posters has been selected for the student poster competition. Associated with this competition will be short podium presentations on the material during lunch from 12:30 – 1:00PM on Wednesday, May 17th. If your poster has been selected as a candidate, you will receive more information in the coming weeks.
Download the poster session guidelines