Hotel & Travel
The hotel room block is now full.
A block of rooms have been reserved for January 3 - 7, 2017. The discounted room rate will be available through December 16, 2016 or until the group block is sold out, whichever comes first.
The website will be updated and a group message will go out if and when more rooms become available. In the meantime please call the hotel directly at 1-800-321-6248. Thank you.
Click here if you are interested in sharing a room at the conference hotel, Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel.
|Conference Room Rate:||$205 (plus applicable taxes)|
|Room Block Opens:||August 16, 2016|
|Room Block Deadline:||December 16, 2016|
|Hotel Reservations Online||Click here|
|Hotel Reservations by Phone:||1-800-321-6248 (Ref. CMBE)|
Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel
62-100 Kauna'oa Drive | Kohala Coast, HI 96743Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel is situated on 32 oceanfront acres on the sunny Kohala Coast of the northernmost end of the Big Island of Hawaii. Perched on the hillside overlooking the beauitful #1 rated Hapuna Beach. A predominant feature of Hapuna is the presence of a series of underground springs. In ancient times, during seasons of heavy rainfall these springs would bubble to the surface creating natural artesian fountains. The resultant streams would provide a source of respite and renewal for travelers along the otherwise dry and barren Kohala Coast. Thus the area was named "Hapuna" or "Spring of Life" in the Hawaiian language.
When staying at the Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel, you are a guest of Mauna Kea Resort, offering double the options in beaches, dinning, golf, spa and resort activities.
View a complete list of amenities available at Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel. View facts about the hotel.
Weather & Time ZoneWeather - With Hawaii's moderate tropical climate, you'll enjoy year-round temperatures averaging 75 degrees Fahrenheit, northeasterly tradewinds, and warm ocean waters.
Time Zone - The state of Hawaii has its own time zone, Hawaii Standard Time (HST). As Hawaii DOES NOT observe Daylight Savings like the rest of the U.S. time zones, here is a guide to help you determine the difference between your time zone.
When Daylight Savings is in effect (approximately May - October), Hawaii is behind the following time zones:
- Pacific - 3 hours behind
- Mountain - 4 hours behind
- Central - 5 hours behind
- Eastern - 6 hours behind
- Pacific - 2 hours behind
- Mountain - 3 hours behind
- Central - 4 hours behind
- Eastern - 5 hours behind
- 40 minutes from Kailua-Kona
- 30 minutes from Kona Airport
- 20 minutes from Waimea
- 2 hours from Hilo
Transportation from Airport to HotelPlease contact the hotel concierge directly at (808) 880-1111 for information on transortation services or you can make arrangements online through SpeediShuttle.
Directions from Keahole-Kona Intl. Airport (KOA) to Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel
- As you leave the Airport, turn left onto Queen Kaahumanu Highway 19, heading toward Kawaihae.
- Drive north about 27 miles, approximately 30 minutes.
- Half-way point: after about 15 minutes you will come to a stoplight (near the Waikoloa Resort area), from this point you are half way there.
- 2-mile landmark: look for the signs for the samll town of PUako (from this turn off you are about 2 miles from the hotel entrance).
- You'll pass the state highway sign for Hapuna Beach State Park, go over the overpass and shortly thereafter, look for the entrance to Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel - the entrance will be on the right side.
- Enter this driveway and the guard will direct you to the hotel, located oceanfront.