Annals of Biomedical Engineering
Annals of Biomedical Engineering is an official journal of the Biomedical Engineering Society, publishing original articles in the major fields of bioengineering and biomedical engineering. The Annals is an interdisciplinary and international journal with the aim to highlight integrated approaches to the solutions of biological and biomedical problems.
The average time from submission to first decision is three weeks. After acceptance, articles are published online in about two weeks. Learn more about publishing in Annals of Biomedical Engineering. CLICK HERE for more information about publishing in ABME.
Read Online, BMES Members Only
Read Online, Public Access
Publication Editorial Board
Journal ScopeAnnals of Biomedical Engineering is an interdisciplinary, international journal which presents original and review articles in the major fields of bioengineering and biomedical engineering. A major aim of bioengineering is to provide integrated approaches to the solutions of biological and biomedical problems. The philosophy is to provide engineering approaches to enhance the power of the scientific method, and to maintain a balance between experimental observation and quantitative analyses.
Type of SubmissionsAnnals of Biomedical Engineering accepts for publication only full-length original research manuscripts and review articles.
Manuscripts must not exceed approximately 20 double-spaced pages, including references but not figures or tables. Upload the manuscript in a single MS Word file. The manuscript must have 1” margins and 12 point Times New Roman or Arial font. Authors should limit figures to a manageable number (6-8 should suffice). All text must be double-spaced, including, footnotes, references, legends, and tables. Tables and figures should be included at the end of the manuscript, not in the body text, and be referred to in the manuscript in a sequential manner.
- Pages should be numbered consecutively beginning with the title page.
- Each section should be clearly labeled and pages must be arranged, and labeled, as follows:
- Each table should be typed on a separate page and double−spaced.
- Figure captions should be typed double spaced on a separate page.
- Figures should be identified with figure number and name of first author.
- The text should be clear and concise, conforming to accepted standards of English.
Publishing in Annals of Biomedical Engineering
- The average time from submission to first decision is 3 weeks
- Time between acceptance and publication averages 2 weeks with Online FirstTM.
- Publication is inexpensive: no page charges.
- Dissemination is broad: Cooperative links between Annals of Biomedical Engineering and all Springer journals.
- Springer provides real-time measures of journal metrics for most downloaded articles over a 7-90 day period, providing great visibility for your article.
- Springer ensures full compliance for grantees of funding institutions that request or require public posting of papers resulting from funded research.
- Open access publication option through Springer Open ChoiceTM program.
- Springer copyright transfer allows journal authors to self-archive an author-created version of their article at your own website or your institutional repository.
- Posting author-created versions of your article can greatly raise visibility for your work immediately, through the high visibility of your institution in Google and other search engines.