BMES Design Competition
Biomedical Engineering Society’s students are encouraged to apply to the 2019 Annual Design Contest, sponsored by Medtronic. This year’s topic is Digital Imaging. Submit your proposal and if your team is chosen as one of the top six design submissions you will be given the opportunity to present your work at the Annual Meeting in October.
- Submit an innovative design focusing on Digital Imaging, either reinventing a classic or developing something new
- Give students the opportunity to showcase their technical skills at the BMES 2019 Annual Meeting
- Provide students with a chance to network with product development and design professionals in the BME industry
- Six amazing designs will be chosen as finalists and the top three will be selected as the winning submissions
- The design that wins first place will be awarded $1,500 with up to $1,500* in travel reimbursement
- The design that comes in second place will be awarded $1,000 with up to $750* in travel reimbursement
- The design that places third will be awarded $500 with up to $500* in travel reimbursement
To Access the Student Design Competition application, CLICK HERE
To Access the Judging Criteria, CLICK HERE
- The 2019 Design theme is Digital Imaging
- All design team members MUST be BMES student members in good standing
- If you are submitting your design as a Student Chapter, it must also be in good standing
- Institutions may submit up to three teams. Excess entries by one institution will invalidate all entries by that institution.
- All winners will be notified by August 1st, 2019.
Please direct your inquiries/submit the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS 12:00pm EST, June 30th, 2019