BMES- Medtronic Student Design Competition
Biomedical Engineering Society’s students are encouraged to apply to the 2020-2021 Annual Design Contest, sponsored by Medtronic. This year's competition will be broken down into four tracks, Mechanical/Electrical, Electrical/Computer Science, Chemical/Biological, Anything COVID-19 geared. Please ensure your submission is unique and aims to improve upon current medical devices and practices already in place.
All design submissions will be reviewed and the top three per track will be asked to compete in the final judging, where each team will virtually present their designs to our judges.
- Give students the opportunity to showcase their technical skills for both BMES members and Medtronic representatives
- Create and Engineer
- Provide students with a chance to network with product development and design professionals in the BME industry
Finalists will receive (12 teams, top three from each track)
- Two complimentary registrations to the 2021 BMES Annual Meeting
- Each team will receive a $2,500 cheque
- An engraved trophy
- Opportunity to discuss your designs further with representatives from Medtronic
To Access the Judging Criteria, CLICK HERE
- All design team members must be BMES student members in good standing
- You can only submit your design to one track, and you may only enter each track once, but you may submit secondary designs to the other tracks