BMES- Medtronic Student Design Competition
Biomedical Engineering Society’s students are encouraged to apply to the 2020 Annual Design Contest, sponsored by Medtronic. This year's topic, Med Devices, has been left as broad as possible to allow students involved in various tracks of research to submit to the competition. Please ensure your submission is unique and aims to improve upon current medical devices.
- Submit an innovative design focusing on the year's current theme, Med Devices.
- Give students the opportunity to showcase their technical skills at the BMES 2020 Annual Meeting
- Provide students with a chance to network with product development and design professionals in the BME industry
- Six amazing designs will be chosen as finalists and the top three will be selected as the winning submissions
Awardees will receive (Top 3 teams only)
- The design that wins first place will be awarded $1,500 with up to $1,500* in travel reimbursement
- The design that comes in second place will be awarded $1,000 with up to $750* in travel reimbursement
- The design that places third will be awarded $500 with up to $500* in travel reimbursement
To Access the Student Design Competition application, CLICK HERE
To Access the Judging Criteria, CLICK HERE
- The 2020 Design Theme is Medical Devices
- All design team members MUST be BMES student members in good standing
- Institutions may submit up to three teams.
- All winners will be notified by August 1st, 2020.
Please direct your inquiries/submit the application to firstname.lastname@example.org