2021 BMES Annual Meeting Announcement
We want you to know that the health and safety of our members, staff, volunteers, and attendees are of paramount importance to us. Read the precautions we're taking as we pivot to a fully virtual event.
The BMES staff and Board of Directors have been closely monitoring COVID-19 conditions and the coronavirus delta variant as they relate to our upcoming annual meeting. We want you to know that the health and safety of our members, staff, volunteers, and attendees are of paramount importance to us.
After careful consideration of our members' requests, and consultation with the Board, we will hold an in-person meeting with expanded virtual options (either “lite” or “full” access to the program). Holding an in-person meeting will allow those who feel comfortable in traveling and participating the ability to attend the meeting on-site and expanded virtual programming will support both presenters and attendees that cannot attend the meeting in Orlando. We respect and understand those decisions are personal and need to be made in the best interests of the individual and their families. BMES strives to support all our members throughout a difficult year, and we celebrate all of our members attending and participating in the meeting in the manner that is best for them.
The in-person meeting will include the following strictly enforced health and safety protocols:
- All attendees, regardless of vaccination status, MUST be masked during the meeting.
- We will maintain six feet of social distancing for all sessions and other functions.
- All food and beverage will be provided in a no-contact manner (and participants will be encouraged to eat in uncrowded areas).
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available for use throughout the venue.
- All high touch areas will be cleaned and disinfected between use.
- We will perform temperature checks with on-site paramedics. Those with elevated temperatures will be required to leave the conference premises, and we will work to find appropriate medical resources.
- We will continue to explore options for additional safety measures, so as CDC guidance evolves, we will make any necessary adjustments to follow recommendations.
As mentioned above, we are expanding our virtual meeting option to allow participation for those who cannot or do not wish to attend in person. We are offering two options for the virtual conference experience to give you “lite” or “full” program access. These expanded virtual attendance options will give you access to recorded sessions, the opportunity to give oral presentations remotely, and increase networking opportunities. We are finalizing the details of the virtual program, and we will be reaching out to members with those specifics as soon as we have them.
It's important to note that all our presenters, in either the oral and poster sessions, will have the ability to participate in person or virtually. We plan to record all in-person and virtual sessions, and they will be accessible through our meeting platform. This will include some live-streamed sessions and others that will all be available at a later date.
We will continue to monitor the situation daily and promptly communicate any changes or share new information leading up to BMES 2021.
BMES Executive Committee