BMES and NSBE Partnership
BMES and The National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) have pledged to work together as strategic partners to advance the mutual goals of both organizations to provide the leadership within the bioengineering community to increase the number of BME engineering degrees awarded to blacks by 2025.
NSBE, founded in 1975, is one of the largest student-governed organizations based in the United States. With nearly 16,000 members and 500 chapers in the US and abroad, NSBE supports and promotes the aspirations of collegiate and pre-collegiate students and technical professionals in engineering and technology.
NSBE's Objectives are to:
- Stimulate and develop student interest in the various engineering disciplines
- Strive to increase the number of minority students studying engineering in both the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Encourage members to seek advanced degrees in engineering or related fields
- Promote public awareness of engineering and the opportunties for blacks and other minorities in that profession
- Function as a representative body on issues and developments that affect the careers of black engineers
- Facilitate interaction between biomedical engineers and industry professionals
- Provide career development programs for students entering academia and industry
- Promote participation in student chapters where students gain leadership skills, engage in community outreach, and network with leaders in the field.
advantage of special membership discounts.
- Extend complimentary membership to NSBE student members who identify as majoring or minoring in biomedical engineering
- Offer NSBE Professional Members and Early Career members a $25 discount on membership
- Extend a $5 discount on NSBE national student membership to eligible BMES students or corresponding members. Please use promo code: BMES.
- Offer BMES Professional and Early Career members a $25 discount on their annual membership. Please use promo code: BMESPRO.
**Special Note: All memberships will be verified by NSBE and BMES to confirm active membership.
If you have questions regarding this program please contact email@example.com.
NSBE Healthcare Innovation SIG Quarterly Town Hall Webinar
"Engineering Design and Healthcare Innovation Outreach Efforts for High School Students”
Wednesday, January 17, 2018
8pm EST / 5pm PST
Click here for the webinar flyer and to register