2016 Midwest BME Regional Conference
I Hotel & Conference Center - Champaign, IL
November 4, 2016
About the conference...
The Midwest Biomedical Engineering Regional Conference hosted, by the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, is a unique one-day conference designed specifically for biomedical engineering students (undergraduate, graduate and post-doctorates) and early career professionals. The conference provides a wealth of career information and networking opportunities and also showcases the host school's BME program, students, alumni and faculty.
Why students and recent graduates should attend:
- Learn about careers from alumni working in industry, academia, government, law and medicine
- Present your research at the poster session
- NETWORK WITH COMPANIES WITHIN THE REGION AT THE CAREER NETWORKING SESSION
- Learn about career options in industry, government, clinical, academia and alternative
- Learn about entrepreneurship
- LEARN HOW TO MARKET YOURSELF!
Why employers and schools with BME programs should attend:
- Participate in the Career Networking Session at the conclusion of the day
- REACH A LARGE GATHERING OF TALENT FROM A WIDE RANGE OF REGIONAL SCHOOLS
- Exhibit and showcase your BME program to student attendees
The following are companies and universities that have participated in either a panel and/or networking session in 2015:
|Affinity Medical Center
|Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL)
|Akron Children's Hospital
|AkronSurface Technologies, Inc.
|Applied Medical Technology, Inc.
||Ohio Board of Regents
||Ohio's Polytechnic University
||Quest Medical Imaging
|Case Western Reserve UniversityNeomed
||Scientific Expert Analysis, Ltd. (S-E-A)
|Cleveland State University
||Tarolli, Sundheim, Covell & Tummino, LLP
|Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
||Technology & Innovation Fluid Connectors Group Parker Hannifin
||United States Patent and Trade Office (USPTO)
||University of Akron
|Federal Drug Administration (FDA)
||University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
|Great Lakes Neurotechnology
||University of Louisville
||University of Pennsylvania
|Honda R&D Americas, Inc.
||Universtiy of Pittsburgh
||University of Toledo
|National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
Click here for the conference flyer