Undergraduate Student Design Competition
To Be Presented at
BMES 2016 Annual Meeting
October 5-8, 2016
APPLICATION CURRENTLY CLOSED
BMES Undergraduate Student Members engaged in student design projects are encouraged to enter. All design team members must be BMES Student Members. The top 6 proposals will be chosen and those teams will be given an opportunity to present their work via oral presentations at the BMES 2016 Annual Meeting.
- Showcase the students' undergraduate design work
- Provide students an opportunity to present their innovations at BMES 2016 Annual Meeting
- Introduce students to the Biomedical Engineering Society
- Provide a chance to network with product development and design professionals in BME
Six design teams will attend BMES 2016. The Top 3 will be the selected winning teams.
Awardees will receive (Top 3 teams only) - First place $3000, Second place $1500 and Third place $500.
To Access the Student Design Competition application, click here:
http://bmes.org/files/BMES Design Competition Application Guidelines.pdf
To Access the Judging Criteria, click here: http://bmes.org/files/BMES 2016 Design Competition Judging Criteria(3).pdf
Please direct your inquiries/submit the application to Elizabeth DaSilva
1. The 2016 Design Theme is Bioinstrumentation.
2. All design team members MUST be BMES Student Members and BMES student chapter members in good standing.
3. Institutions may submit up to three teams. Excess entries by one institution will invalidate
all entries by that institution.
4. Top 6 proposals will be chosen and those teams will present via oral presentations at BMES 2016 Annual Meeting.
Application deadline is May 30, 2016
2016 Student Design Competition Flyer
Sponsored by Medtronic